We've had some great first time experiences for newbees during our classes. We welcome beekeepers or admirers of all levels. We would love to have people with experience that would like to help mentor and be available to answer questions.
If you are coming out remember to...
- Wear socks that cover the ankles.
- Shoes that cover the feet, ideally boots such as rain books work really well.
- Consider bringing a baseball cap, some of the suits fit better with one on.
- Long pants such as jeans or other heavy materials, some of the suits are jackets only.
- Camera/phone to get those precious first time in a suit and hive pics.
- Water to stay hydrated and eat something before you come.
Remember, it's always possible that you might be stung and stings hurt! Don't worry if you are nervous, you can observe too. Kids are welcome but you will need to supervise them and they might be stung.